Status Update!

Take notice!

The Tactical Oatmeal Store is now open! Click the link, browse around and enjoy!

I have updated the layout slightly on this blog and I have incorporated organizational elements to the right sidebar that breaks down my posts by type. This will make it easier to find what you are looking for!

I have many reviews currently in the works but due to a hectic schedule they seem to be popping out sporadically. So sign up by email or like Tactical Oatmeal on facebook (see right sidebar) to be notified when new posts are made regarding the gear reviews that you love!

Also, feel free to comment on my posts with any questions or feedback you may have!

~Oats

All content contained on this webpage, including but not limited to all published blog posts, pictures etc. are the sole property of the blog owner and may not be reposted elsewhere or otherwise disseminated without prior consent

Friday, August 23, 2013

Quick Kydex Update

Well I have been busy in the shop recently making holsters and it has affected the amount of time that I have to spare for regular content on this blog. My Kydex work has been improving and for that I am thankful! Here is a look at an order that I just finished up the other day;






There are three components to this setup. There is a left handed Holster for a Glock 19 with clearance for a threaded barrel, a single magazine holster, and lastly a carrier for a suppressor. The suppressor carrier is designed to be attached to the front blade of the Glock holster and it allows the suppressor to be deployed with either hand if need be.






The holster for the Glock has some interesting features that I feel make it stand out. The full-height sweat guard keeps the gun off the skin as well as doubling for a place to tuck a shirt behind to keep the trigger clear of foreign bodies as the firearm is holstered. The trigger guard has been clearanced (as you can see in the first picture) to allow for a modified trigger guard. I did not block the magazine release button or the slide release so that they may be used while the firearm is holstered. I also left enough room for the addition of an optic to the slide of the firearm without having clearance issues with the holster.

The biggest feature of all (and ironically the least noticeable) is that I left the rear blade of the holster flat. As you can see, the front blade is contoured to follow the natural curve of the body. I left the rear blade flat so that as the wearer tightens their belt, the grip of the firearm (the part that tends to print the most while carrying concealed) tucks into the side of the body more so than if the rear blade had been curved.






The magazine carrier uses the same front blade curved style as the Glock holster but is more of a design feature than something with any practicality in this instance. I did however, leave a small sweat guard on the inside piece of Kydex (the black part) so that inserting a magazine would be much easier.

The suppressor carrier was an odd piece to make! I added a slight bell to the top edge to ease the insertion of the suppressor and I inset a friction point about halfway down the carrier to help retain the suppressor while holstered.

Belt loops are the same Tactical Tailor MALICE clips that I have been using with great results! They are relatively cost effective, easy to use, modular, durable, and fit belts ranging from 1.5" all the way up to 2.25"! The only downside to these MALICE clips as belt loops is that they tend to stick out below the bottom of the item that they are mounted to. An upside is that you can flip them over, put them on the front face of the holster using a small spacer and they make great little IWB loops!

It was a fun little project to work on and I like how they all came out!

No comments:

Post a Comment